Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. If you are starting to plan for your child's transition to school please don't hesitate in making a time to meet with our Principal, Sue Goodin. She will be very happy to show you around and answer all your questions.
State Integrated schools select preference students on the following grounds:
a) The bishop's agent for determining preference is our Parish Priest.
b) The eligibility criteria for preference are as follows:
5.1 The Child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
5.2 The child's parents have already allowed one or more of their siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
5.3 At least one parent is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child's participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having their child baptised.
5.4 With the agreement of the parent, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child's upbringing undertakes to support the child's formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5.5 One or both of a child's non-Catholic parents.
Applications are processed in the following order:
1. Category one: siblings of current students.
2. Category two: children of parishioners of Holy Family Church.
3. Category three: children closely related to current students (defined at the discretion of the Principal and the BoT Chair).
4. Category four: children of the current staff of Holy Family and current Board of Trustee Members.
5. Category five: children and family of ex-Holy Family students.
6. Non-preference students seeking enrolment.
We have adopted an Enrolment Policy (Nov 1st, 2018) to manage the numbers of New Entrants coming to our school. That means that enrolments should be received by the end of October the year prior in order for children to have the best shot at getting in. Please contact the office for information.
We encourage new children to attend our Tama Ikiiki programme prior to starting school. Click here to find out more.